12/21/2011

Life. It is Cray Cray.

This week *shakes fist* Good lord.

I work in Human Resources as the payroll manager for a mid size consulting firm. We have just shy of 300 employees. This week was the last payroll of the year, and HOLY GOD it nearly killed me. BUT! BUT! It is done and now I can be a basket case for the NEXT payroll (yanno, the one that follows two weeks of me being off, the office being closed, and half our consultants being on vacation?). WAHOO!

I started to whine about it on FB yesterday, and then thought, Ya know? It could be worse. I could be unemployed, or homeless or any number of things that I am not.  I have a beautiful home that my boyfriend and I bought last February and continue to make better all the time, I have a great job, decent pay, and a company that appreciates me, I have enough money to put presents under the tree and food on the table and awesome family and friends to share it all with.  I am blessed.

So, I'm going to treat myself to a peppermint mocha (because they are my "pumpkin spice latte" that everyone else spazes about but I cannot have because I am allergic to cinnamon) tonight, buy one last gift for the boy-person, bake some bread for the neighbors, and make a veggie platter for tomorrow's potluck at work (along with homemade tzatziki dip). Since I'm feeling very Betty Crocker tonight, I might also prep all the stuff for dinner for Friday (my mom, grandpa, mom's gf, my cousin and her two kids will be visiting) and saturday am. Maybe. We'll see. Remember, when everything feels overwhelming, stop and look at all the good things you have and remember that you didnt get those things for free, and most arent easy, so enjoy them. As Ferris Bueller says, "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it"

Amen, Ferris, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment